Individual and family admissions to the grounds, gardens and exhibitions
The grounds, gardens and exhibitions are currently closed to the Public – however the Visitor Information Centre / Post Office is currently open daily from 1000 to 1400.
Our Gate Lodge Shop is open daily from 1000 to 1600 and the new Gate Lodge Coffee Pod will open on Saturday 1st August and will be available daily from 1000 to 1600.
We have social distancing measures in place and are always limiting numbers in the shop. Please follow the instructions we have in place: -
- Please join the queue, which has social distance markings in place.
- Please follow our traffic light system for accessing the shop. If the light is red please wait. When the light changes to green the next person or social bubble (maximum of four people travelling together) can access the shop.
- Please ensure that you wear a face covering when in the shop - face coverings are mandatory in shops and our staff will be also be wearing a face covering. The only exception to this policy are people who have a registered medical condition that makes this not possible and children under 5 years of age.
- Please use the hand sanitiser, which is available, before entering the shop.
- Please socially distance when moving around the shop and follow markings provided.
- We have installed Perspex screens at the till points to make a safer environment for you and our staff.
- We would ask that you pay using contactless where possible. However, if you have a large transaction you may need to enter your pin number on the machine, which has an anti-microbial cover in place for your protection. The credit card machine will be cleaned after use.
In line with guidance from the Scottish Government the public toilets are currently closed.
Balmoral has achieved the ‘We’re Good To Go’ accolade and this demonstrates that we are adhering to the new Government and public health guidance, have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and the required processes in place.